BA(Crim) LLB(Hons) GDLP NMAS LLM(DispRes)
Andrea works as a Senior Associate resolving complex legal disputes in the Supreme Court, NSW Court of Appeal, the Federal Court and the High Court of Australia.
She works within a team (including Senior and Junior counsel) tackling involved and intricate cases with a particular focus on contractual disputes, corporations law (including directors’ duties), equity, real property disputes, insolvency and industrial law.
She also has experience in different practice areas including: conveyancing (in QLD and NSW), purchase and sale of businesses, criminal law and family law.
Andrea joined the firm in January 2016 after graduating from Bond University with honours in 2014. Andrea has also completed her Masters in Law with a specialisation in Dispute Resolution, is a qualified Mediator and has been the club secretary for a University sporting association for the past three years.
- Acting for the former director of a public company to defend allegations of breach of duties in relation to the acquisition and development of a property, including a cross-claim seeking equitable contribution from co-directions and subsequently an appeal to the NSW Court of Appeal.
- Advising and acting for the Mother in respect of the Father’s appeal where the primary judge permitted the Mother and child to relocate to Perth and later in successfully resisting an urgent interim application by the Father seeking to return the child to Sydney.
- Defending a corporation in resisting the enforcement of a guarantee including seeking to impeach the banks conduct in drafting of the loan and guarantee documentation.
- Conducting a complex litigation for a corporation in the NSW Court of Appeal and the High Court of Australia in relation to the interpretation of a deed of guarantee.
- Defending a corporation and a director to mitigate penalties for a breach of industrial law.
- Acting for the executor of an Estate in relation to an urgent summons for administration ad colligenda bona defuncti on the basis of an informal Will in order to appoint a new director to a company and protect the assets of the Estate.
- Representing a corporation in respect of an intercompany loan including a cross-claim for indemnity in circumstances where the defendant provided security for the plaintiff’s loan and the security was appropriated by the lender culminating in enforcing a judgment in excess of $2.5 million against an ASX listed company.
Batchelor of Laws (Hons) / Batchelor of Arts (Criminology) | Bond University
Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice | Bond University
National Mediation Accreditation Scheme | Bond University Dispute Resolution Centre
Masters of Laws (Dispute Resolution) | Bond University
Admitted as a Solicitor | Supreme Court of New South Wales
Admitted as a Solicitor | High Court of Australia
Mental Health First Aider | Mental Health First Aid Australia
Law Society of NSW